- What is Seaweed?
- Seaweed History
- Seaweed Benefits
- Seaweed Contains Virtually No Oxalates
How does Sea of Greens® compare to other products?
Balance of Nature®
Balance of Nature® is a dietary supplement containing a proprietary blend of 16 whole fruits & 15 whole vegetables.
- It is packaged in two bottles - Fruits and Veggies (ninety capsules in each bottle).
- The two bottle package (180 capsules) sells for $69.95.
- First purchase requires a one-time Member fee of $24.95.
Heavily advertised on TV, Balance of Nature® is promoted using very “over the top” testimonials:
One of their featured testimonial stars (Joe) goes as far as to say:
“Fruits and vegetables are good for you, there’s never gonna be a dispute about that”.
Contrary to Joe's claim, the latest research has shown that many fruits and vegetables (previously thought to be healthy superfoods) are high in oxalate (oxalic acid) which can actually be quite harmful to health:
- High oxalate levels in the urine and plasma are found in people, who tend to form calcium oxalate kidney stones.
- People with fibromyalgia and women with vulvar pain (vulvodynia) frequently have excessive oxalate levels as well
- Oxalate crystals may also form in the bones, joints, blood vessels, lungs, thyroid, and even the brain, possibly impeding their proper function. Research suggests that oxalates in the bone may crowd out the bone marrow cells, leading to anemia and immunosuppression.
- Iron oxalate crystals can cause significant oxidative damage and diminish iron stores needed for red blood cell formation.
- Oxalates also function as chelating agents and may chelate many toxic metals, such as mercury and lead. However, Unlike other chelating agents, oxalates trap heavy metals in the tissues, leading to metal toxicity.
- Oxalates also interfere with the Krebs cycle’s glucose metabolism and can inhibit absorption of essential minerals necessary for optimum health.
- Oxalate crystals cause pain and damage to various tissues, due to their sharp, physical structure, and is associated with increased inflammation.
Considering these harmful health effects (caused by dietary oxalates) . . . Joe's claim of “undisputed benefits” can soundly be debunked.
Balance of Nature® has many ingredients containing oxalates, and some that are VERY high in oxalates including: spinach, celery, carrot, sweat potato, garlic, soy and raspberry.
In stark contrast, Sea of Greens® is a true whole-food superfood and contains virtually no oxalates!
Aside from our belief (admittedly biased) that Sea of Greens® is a far superior product to Balance of Nature®, it is also considerably more affordably priced. All those Balance of Nature® TV commercials are expensive and someone has to pay for them.
- contribute to the formation of kidney stones
- cause mineral deficiencies, resulting in bone disease, abnormal growth, dysfunction of the reproductive system and other disorders
- cause depletion of the antioxidant glutathione, resulting in an impaired ability of the liver to detoxify as well as a lowered potential to preserve brain health
- damages cell membranes and mitochondria
- resulting in fatigue and energy issues leading to cell death
- triggering nerve cell damage that causes functional problems throughout the nervous system
- creating autoimmune symptoms by stressing and confusing the immune system.
- corroding digestive system linings, causing leaky gut and/or other gastrointestinal diseases
Harmful Effects of Oxalates in the Diet:
Why are fruits and vegetables always spoken in the same breath, as if the combination represents the healthiest superfood?
Although, both fruits and vegetables can be rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber (all good things), in most cases, they are actually NOT rich in vitamins and minerals, due to the sad state of todays top soils, which are mostly depleted of the nutrients needed to support nutrient rich produce.
Furthermore, the powdered ingredients that are typically used in most fruit/vegetable formulations have very little fiber. Not to mention that most fruits are typically very high in sugars (sucrose and fructose, depending on which fruit), which is very unhealthy.
Clearly, fruits and vegetables are not as good as they are said to be, however, the far bigger concern, despite many people being totally unaware, is that many fruits and vegetables are actually quite harmful to health.
The culprit contained in some fruits and vegetables that causes the harm is oxalates (oxalic acid).
Please follow the links below to learn more about oxalates and their poisonous effects:
Sally K Norton, MPH Is the leading expert on the harmful effects of oxalates in food. Her ground breaking book Toxic Superfoods is a must read!
Jill Harris, LPN, CHC has written extensively about how to reduce oxalates in your diet.
Monique Attinger, MLIS,CHN has compiled a ton of research on the harmful effect of oxalates in our diets.
Does anyone really believe paid testimonials?
Its hard to imagine why anyone would believe paid testimonials, particularly ones as “over the top” as the ones featured in the Balance of Nature® commercials. I personally find them to be obnoxious and insulting to my intelligence, but I guess many others are far less critical thinkers.
They really lay it on so thick . . . for example:
- the woman, who talks about how she got her “va va voom” back, and then felt compelled to ask how she could help promote this product
- the guy who says that after using Balance of Nature® he has better dreams
Vincent (a nutritionist), who says:
”I'm not a morning person, but after a week of using Balance of Nature® I started geting up early and I started feeling better, because I have so much energy . . . There is something about Balance of Nature® that I need to tell the world about, so here I am.”
My intelligence is especially insulted by the commercials featuring founder (chiropractor Douglas Howard):
- In one commmercial, Howard has the gall to state that the food, processes and testimonials are all real. As if him saying so will convince anyone.
- In another commercial, he feigns spontaneity when he quips:
- Notice how his quote implies that he has spent thousands of hours researching the unlimited chemical combinations between fruits and vegetable, and that his formula is optimized accordingly, resulting in a product that can only help and improve the body with no side effects.
However if you parse his very carefully scripted statement, you realize that he is not really saying anything of the kind. He really just strings together some unrelated and incomplete sentences, that give that impression, without specifically saying something, that:
- the FDA would deem to be an unapproved drug claim
- the FTC would deem to be a false advertising claim.
“The formula that we have is not just fruit and vegetables; and I do take a little bit of offense to that sometimes, because its just thousands of hours studying how to put those fruits and vegetables, in what order and how they can be processed. You have an unlimited number of chemical combinations, that have zero negative side effects and only help and improve the body.”
Bottom line: We do not consider Balance of Nature® a good purchase choice.
- Dietary oxalates can be harmful to health, so why take a supplement that contains high oxalate levels?
- This product is very expensive.
- Any product that is sold with such a hard sell, should be avoided like the plague!
Sea Veg® and Super Sea Veg®
Sea Veg® and Super Sea Veg® are two sea vegetable supplement products marketed by FaramaSea®.
- Each is available in a 180 count bottle. As far as I was able to ascertain, the difference between the two is that the “Super” version is fortified with additional Vitamin D and calcium.
- Sea Veg® sells for $69.95/bottle and is available @ $58.65/bottle (when buying 3).
- Super Sea Veg® sells for $79.95/bottle and is available @ $65.30/bottle (when buying 3).
We consider both Sea Veg® and Super Sea Veg® to be good products. And (as is is the case with Sea of Greens®), both Sea Veg® products are essentially oxalate free (which is great).
However, we do consider Sea of Greens® to be a far superior product because, unlike both Sea Veg® products, Sea of Greens®(in addition to sea vegetables)also contains fresh water algae (spirulina and chlorella), which have many important health benefits beyond the benefits that sea vegetables provide.
Furthermore, costing nearly 1/2 the price of the Sea Veg® products, we consider Sea of Greens® to be a MUCH better value, particularly since Sea of Greens® contains BOTH spirulina and chlorella (very expensive ingredients), while the Sea Veg® products do not contain ANY spirulina or chlorella.
Sea of Greens® is a unique, 100% natural, Oxalate-free, Whole-Superfood supplement, containing an optimal blend of seaweed and freshwater algae (with virtually no oxalates).
Sea of Greens ® Packages
180 capsules per bottle (30 day supply)
As a dietary supplement for adults, take six capsules per day
(preferably three capsules, twice per day).
- 1 bottle
- 2 bottles $38.95 each
- 3 bottles $37.95 each
- 6 bottles $36.95 each
- 12 bottles $35.95 each
Sea of Greens® Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 3 Capsules
Servings per container: 60
|Amount per 2 Servings (suggested daily usage)||% Daily Value|
|Bladderwrack (Fucus Vesiculosis)||750 mg||*|
|Wakame (Alaria Esculenta)||675 mg||*|
|Rockweed (Ascophyllum Nodosum)||200 mg||*|
|Sea Lettuce (Ulva Lactuca)||35 mg||*|
|Dulse (Palmaria Palmata)||35 mg||*|
|Spirulina (Arthrospira Platensis)||1,050 mg||*|
|Chlorella (Chlorella Vulgaris)||1,050 mg||*|
Other ingredients: 100% Vegetable capsule, L-Leucine
As a dietary supplement for adults, take six capsules per day
(preferably three capsules, twice per day).
Statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat and cure or prevent disease. Always consult with your professional health care provider before changing any medication.
Other Products Available from: NHS Global Distributors, Inc.
Coral Calcium "Marine Plus"
An upgrade to Bob Barefoot's Coral Calcium formularead more
Trusted by thousands to support healthy urinary flow and prostate health.read more
Diabetics Daily Care™
A Unique, 100% Natural Formula, which supports healthy blood sugar. Diabetics Daily Care™ is the most powerful formula of its kind.read more
A 100% natural formula which supports healthy cholesterol.read more
A natural formula for Men & Women, combining: D.I.M., Quercetin and Flaxseed.read more
Supports healthy detoxification, healthy blood pressure, healthy cholesterol levels and prostate healthread more
Immune System Plus™
An immune system support formula based on Beta Glutan, which is unsurpassed in it's ability to help support a healthy immune response.read more
Camarillo, CA 93011-0271
Thank you for visiting Sea-Veg.info
This information here within is designed to provide accurate information in regard to the subject matter covered. It is provided with the understanding that NHS Global Distributors, Inc. is not engaged in rendering medical advice. If expert assistance is required, the services of a competent medical professional should be sought. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Always read and follow manufacturer's directions that come with this product.
You are protected by the FDA Dietary Supplement and Nonprescription Drug Consumer Protection Act
please call 877.965.2140 or Click here to report any Adverse Reaction with Sea of Greens.